Visit your community's college for the 62nd annual NMC BBQ! The 'Picnic Under the Pines' is Sunday, May 21 from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. on the Front St. campus of Northwestern Michigan College. Advance tickets are only $6 and help support learning at the college through projects like these. Your entry includes a picnic lunch and many events and activities.
Here are some of the fun events for your whole family:
- Menu: Buffalo burger or hot dog, beans, potato salad, coleslaw, relishes, ice cream, & beverages – all generously donated by Oleson’s Food Stores
- Again this year: Compostable plates, cups and forks and composting of food waste.
- Serving lines open at 11 a.m. after opening ceremony
Activities & Games
- Free Activities: Inflatable obstacle courses; Traverse City Fire Department antique fire engine rides; ride Chip (the faux buffalo.)
- Children's Book Readings: Noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. with special guest appearances!
- Classroom and Program Displays
Kid’s Games: Hair Painting, Skee Roll, Frog Launcher, Wheel of Fortune and more! Ticket purchase required
- Cake Walk: Including a cupcake walk for kids! On the half an hour from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. One lucky winner will receive a full size cake, while all other participants will receive a cupcake. Ticket purchase required
- Popcorn and Cotton Candy Tent: Ticket purchase required
- Live Music
- Alumni tent
- Del Corner Veterans’ Tent
- NMC Barbecue Invitational Car Show
- NMC Martial Arts Clubs Demonstrations Demonstrations at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Quilt Raffle - Benefit for NMC students through the George C. Comden Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Northwestern Michigan Orchid Society display